Foundations in Endovascular Practice
UKETS Basic Endovascular Skills
Updates on the use of Simulation Based Medical Education within this Speciality
Examples of some of the uses for simulation in Medical Education
- Education – from Undergraduate to Consultant level Simulation can be used in a variety of ways to teach both technical and non-technical skills.
- Exams – Simulation is already being used for the PLAB exams and some of the anaesthetics exams. Likely to see this increasing in more areas in the future.
- Quality improvement – eg UHNT are using simulation to trial out new ways of organising the paediatric resuscitation department
- Patient Safety – eg UHNT are using simulation to improve Non-invasive ventilation delivery
- Patient and Parental Education
- Assessment – Simulation can be used for cases we see infrequently eg burns, anaphylaxis etc where it may be difficult for trainees to be observed managing a real-life case
- Innovation and research
Dr Nadia Stock
Simulation Fellow & Acute Medical Registrar