The North East Simulation Network will be holding an Advanced "All things debriefing" course in association with CAE. This will be a virtual training course due to the current pandemic situation.
- November 20th 2020
- January 12th 2021
- February 19th 2021
- March 16th 2021
There are 20 places per workshops available funded by the North East Simulation Network so on registration through the network this advanced debriefing course will be available to attend for those that have completed an "intro to sim" course either through NESN hosted (NTUH/CIC if NESN certificated, Northumbria University,DASH or CDDFT intro equivalent courses)or have a background of delivering simulation based education in line or other regions approved courses. If you wish to attend and have been involved in simulation and are unsure if your previous training is accepted have been involved in simulation previously, please email me or your organisation's simulation lead to confirm.
Places are funded for NHS professional and healthcare workers in the North East and North Cumbria.
To register please do this through this link: https://www.northeastsimulation.co.uk/courses/course/all-things-debriefing
We will be running four workshops across the year. Please forward to anybody you might think it could be relevant to. I suspect due to level of interest in faculty training we may need to create an interested list. The criteria still need to be meet initially.
There will be an expectation for people attending to contribute to the network and their organisations in terms of faculty contribution or event publication going forward. . If you don't attend without appropriate notice, we may ask for renumeration from yourself for your place.
The day aims to address:***
• Review of Experiential and constructivism theories
• Introduce Cognitive Apprenticeship and NLN / Jeffries Model
• Small group work and discussion examining
• Best practice guidelines by critiquing others including video clips to draw out teaching points
• Creating debriefing plans with practise using a variety of models including Diamond , PEARLS , Delta and considering some other frameworks such as GROW
• Exploring challenging situations and the use of Simulation Life Savers
• Reviewing practice issues that may emerge during the debrief
• Differences between debriefing and feedback
• IPE debrief link to IPEC competencies
• Mental healthcare for participants and debriefs
• QA with Peer Review with resources .*
If you wish to attend please enrol or contact myself directly if you have any queries. There is a precourse activity required:
Participants to create 2 PPT slide presentation in landscape , one slide introducing themselves and a second slide their expectations and anything else they would like to share . Please email Mandy at the latest 2 days prior to the workshop to Amanda.firstname.lastname@example.org
This year has been a challenge for all health care workers and therefore this course will be delivered virtually to make it as conveniant as posible for attendees.